Bee House Brewer
Balanced and Forgiving
The Bee House is a Japanese-built, pinnacle design of the standard "cone" filtered brew method. The flow rate of the brew
cycle (influenced by the shape and the multiple drain holes) and the easy-to-use nature of this method, makes it the right
choice for many. The cup profile provided by the Beehouse is a perfect balance of body, sweetness, and brightness.
Mug or decanter
#2 Melitta Filter
25 G Coffee
Medium-Fine Drip Grind
400 G Filtered Water
Just off the boil
- Fold the filter along the bottom and side seams. Place in the dripper and rinse well with hot water
- Dump the rinse water
- Add the ground coffee. Make sure it's level.
- Place the decanter and dripper on the scale and tare to zero.
- Start the timer and add 50 grams of water in a slow, gentle pour that saturates all the grounds.
- Alternate circular and center pulses, raising the slurry a little each time and stopping at 400G. Avoid pouring against the filter or along the edges of the coffee until the end of the brew.
- Your brew should finish dripping just after the three miniute mark. If it drains too quickly, try a finer grind. If it drains too slowly, try a coarser grind.