Hario V60 Brewer
Fast and Articulate
The large drain hole of the V60 speeds up the brew, allowing for a finer grind, which offers more evenly ground particles.
This brew method can coax the best out of a coffee.
Hario V60 Dripper
Mug or Decanter
Hario V60 Filter
20 G Coffee
Fine Drip Grind
300 G Filtered Water
Just off the boil
- Fold V60 filter along ridge and place in dripper
- Rinse filter well and dump the rinse water.
- Place ground coffee into the filter and tap to level.
- Place V60 and decanter on the scale and tare.
- Start timer as soon as you begin to pour
- Saturate grounds with 40 grams of hot water and wait 20 seconds.
- Pour circularly to break up the crust and return to the center, pouring slowly and continuously up to 300 grams. Try to keep the flow rate of the kettle similar to the flow rate of the brew so the bed of grounds does not raise or lower much.
- Brew time should end around 2:15. Adjust the grind setting for timing. Coarser = Faster / Finer = Slower